Equity and Empowerment Lens
The Equity & Empowerment Lens (with a Racial Justice Focus) is a set of reflective actions, materials and tools designed to provide information for discussion, planning and decision making leading to more equitable policies and programs.
Why integrate Lens values, questions, and materials into your work?
- Equity and racial justice work calls for a fundamentally different approach to organizational change.
- Cultural change at an organizational level requires extraordinary focus, intentionality, and accountability.
- The questions highlight what is already, working and provides a better frame to articulate and build upon progress.
- The Lens' is a quality improvement tool comprised of a set of questions and processes designed to focus on equity at the individual, organizational and community levels.
How to engage with the Lens:
- Read Equity and Empowerment Lens
- Utilize the concept papers for staff reading and discussion
- Use the questions in the Lens At A Glance (short general version) daily