Lobby traffic is exceptionally busy noon to 2:00 pm and 3:45 pm to 4:30 pm. Expect longer than normal wait times to transact your business when arriving between these hours.
This office records:
- Legal documents pertaining to real property or that may affect title to real property located within Multnomah County, Oregon.
- Military Discharges (DD-214): Requests for certified copies of Military Discharges must be made in writing on the online form and mailed or brought in person to the Recorder's Office.
This office cannot:
- Give legal advice
- Provide blank instruments
- Help fill out instruments
- Suggest what type of instruments to use
- Accept illegible, smeared instruments which may not provide a readable micrographic record
- Record documents other than those specified by Oregon Statutes
- Verify credit reports of any kind, although we can verify lien releases up through our index date. For more specific update information, you may call (503) 988-3034. When a document is received in the Multnomah County Recorder's Office, it is reviewed for compliance with statutes controlling document types and content. If the document cannot be recorded, it is returned. Once a document has been recorded, an alphabetical index is created and maintained by date and year.
A separate index is maintained by document number. All recorded documents are scanned to digital images and are available on microfilm in our Public Research Room.
Please call regarding:
- Recording fees
- Copies of recorded documents
- Verbal information from a recorded instrument, such as purchase price, transaction dates, or liens
- Correcting or re-recording of instruments
To mail an instrument, make checks payable to Multnomah County Recorder, and mail to:
Multnomah County Recorder
PO Box 5007
Portland, OR 97208