Sustainability in the District Attorney's Office
DA's Sustainability Liaison: Samantha Markowitz
Paper Reduction in DA
We reduced our paper consumption by 9% since FY2008! This saved the department over $3,100 in avoided paper purchases last year.
We have also increased the amount of paper we purchase made with 100% recycled content. Buying 100% recycled paper saves:
- 60-70% energy savings over virgin pulp
- uses 55% less water
- reduces water pollution by 35%
- reduces air pollution by 74%
- eliminates many toxic pollutants
- Multnomah County Sustainability Liaisons coordinate sustainability efforts in their departments by acting as resources and advocates. Please contact them if you have questions, suggestions or would like to get involved.