The Family Caregiver Support Program serves grandparents and other non-parent relatives, age 55 and older by linking them to:
- Programs that may provide financial assistance
- Educational opportunities
- Grandparent support groups
- After-school activities for their children
Raising Grandchildren/Relative Children
If you are an older adult taking care of a relative child 18 or younger or an adult relative who has a disability age 18 or older you could get up to $1200, and additional funds if you are caring for more than 3 children. The grant can be used to pay for
- after school activities
- childcare provided by licensed and insured agencies
- summer camps
- school clothing
- adaptive equipment for the child with special needs, and/or
- self-care activities for the grandparent/elder relative client (i.e. parks and recreation programs, massage, etc)
Call the ADRC Helpline at (503) 988.3646 to speak to someone who can help you access the funds.
- Oregon’s legal guide for grandparents and other older relatives raising children.
- ADRC Resource Guide for grandparents and other relatives raising children in Oregon.
- Oregon Kinship Navigator – Resources and support groups for relatives as parents.
- Ties that Bind-Age Plus – Resources and support groups for elders raising children.