Grandmother and grandaughterThe Family Caregiver Support Program serves grandparents and other non-parent relatives, age 55 and older by linking them to:

  • Programs that may provide financial assistance
  • Educational opportunities
  • Grandparent support groups
  • After-school activities for their children


Raising Grandchildren/Relative Children 

If you are an older adult taking care of a relative child 18 or younger or an adult relative who has a disability age 18 or older you could be eligible for the caregiver relief grant. The grant can be used to pay for

  • after school activities
  • childcare provided by licensed and insured agencies
  • summer camps
  • school clothing
  • adaptive equipment for the child with special needs, and/or
  • self-care activities for the grandparent/elder relative client (i.e. parks and recreation programs, massage, etc) 

Call the ADRC Helpline at (503) 988.3646 and ask to be referred to the Family Caregiver Support Program.


Request website edits, ask questions about information on this site, or ask about calendar events through this Google Form.

Partners and providers only: If you need further assistance or are unable to locate a resource, please fill out this web form.