Who are Assertive Engagement trainings for?
The Assertive Engagement Initiative is open to anyone in the community. However, because of the high demand for the AE 101 training, we are currently focused on agencies funded through the Department of County Human Service's Youth and Family Services Division, including:
- Anti-poverty and housing initiatives, such as the Multnomah Stability Initiative (MSI), SUN Service System (including SUN Community Schools, SUN Youth Advocacy, and SUN Parent Child Development Services), the Domestic and Sexual Violence Coordination Office
We also prioritize training for agencies contracted with the Joint Office of Homeless Services, including
- Homeless Youth Continuum, Homeless Family System of Care, and the Domestic Violence Programs, and the Adult System.
Contact us if your organization or agency is outside of this scope and we can talk about out how to work together.
How much does it cost to attend training?
AE trainings through Multnomah County are currently provided free of charge.
Occasionally, we present at conferences or as guests in training series, and our partners may charge a fee to offset their own costs.
What types of trainings are offered?
AE trainings are highly interactive and strive to build connections among participants as well as offering tools to use in the workplace.
- AE 101 is a foundational 3-day training for those who work with clients, participants, youth, and/or families. AE 101 is also useful for those who work in management, office, or administrative roles (such as front desk staff or staff supervisors.) For more information, download the Assertive Engagement 101 Sample 3 Day Agenda.
- AE for Supervisors and Managers is a 1-day training focused on using AE skills in supervision with staff. AE 101 training is a recommended prerequisite for this training.
- AE Refresher is a 1-day training for those with previous training on AE to revisit skills and connect with one another. Additional refreshers can be scheduled upon request.
2020 Schedule of AE 101 Trainings
***All 2020 AE training dates are canceled. The venue where we host our training sessions has canceled all events for the remainder of the year.
We are currently developing alternative ways to provide training content in lieu of in-person training sessions, and we will update this site with new information as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued understanding and patience. Please take care.
For accurate and up-to-date information about the COVID-19 virus, please refer to Multnomah County's dedicated COVID-19 web page.***
Please feel free to contact Robin Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like information about upcoming training sessions or information about Assertive Engagement.
For questions or comments contact email@example.com