What is DCAP?
DCAP is a Flexible Spending Account (FSA). It is a pre-tax benefit account that you can use to pay for dependent care services, such as preschool, before/after school care, or elder daycare.
How Does DCAP Work?
- Begin by estimating your eligible, out-of-pocket dependent care expenses for the upcoming year.
- Use your estimate to enroll in DCAP.
- The money you elect will be automatically deducted from your paycheck on a pre-tax basis.
- Submit claims to PacificSource for reimbursement of qualifying expenses.
Important Facts about DCAP
- The annual maximum election goal for DCAP is $5,000.
- DCAP elections are available in your account after being deducted from your paycheck.
- There is no carryover associated with DCAP; unused funds are subject to the “use it or lose it” rule.
What are some examples of DCAP-eligible expenses that would qualify for reimbursement?
Enroll using Workday.
When can I sign up?
- New hires can sign up within 31 days of employment.
- Every Open Enrollment period (Oct. - Nov.) you can sign up for MERP/DCAP for the following plan year.
- You may also be able to change or enroll during the plan year due to certain qualifying events (new or change in your dependent care expenses, new child, marriage, some job changes).
Can I change the amount I am enrolled in?
Yes, if you have a provider change or qualified family status change:
- Any change in provider or change in provider cost or coverage.
- Marriage, divorce, or legal separation.
- Birth or adoption of a child.
- Taking an unpaid leave of absence.
- If you or your spouse/partners schedule changes, affecting the need for dependent care.
You must make the change in Workday within 60 days of the qualifying event.
DCAP Documents and Information
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-988-3477.
Customer Service: Toll Free 800-422-7038 -- http://psa.pacificsource.com/PSA/