2023 Medical/Dental Changes:
- For this year, there are specific changes that apply to retirees by their bargaining unit (union).
- For IUOE:
- Kaiser medical plan is changing to Kaiser 10/20.
- Kaiser Dental plan is changing to Kaiser Dental 15.
- Cigna medical Preferred and Performance plans are changing to Moda PPO 400.
- Delta Dental plan is changing to Delta Dental 50.
Kaiser Medical Plan Changes:
- Charges for equipment and supplies for breastfeeding, including milk storage supplies and equipment to support breastfeeding, are now covered for those with breastfeeding difficulties.
- Follow-up colonoscopies are covered at no cost share following a positive result on any USPSTF preventive colorectal screening.
- Behavioral counseling is now covered as preventive care for adults with cardiovascular disease risk factors and type 2 diabetes.
- Naturopathic care is now covered for out-of-area dependents.
- New KP@home program provides hospital-level acute care to members with certain diagnoses at home under the direction of KP physicians.
- Omada program discontinued for 2023.
- Prior authorizations approved by Cigna will be honored with Moda.
- Programs tied to Cigna, including Omada, are no longer available.
- Labor and delivery services at out-of-network facilities are covered as in network if services are due to state or federal declaration of a public health emergency and providers are not allowed to bill the difference between billed and allowed charges.
- WellDyne will continue to provide prescription coverage.
- VSP Vision will continue to provide vision coverage for Moda PPO 400 members. Moda Major Medical plans do not include routine vision coverage (no change).
- VSP Vision (available with Moda PPO 400 Plan only) now covers frames at Walmart up to $200.
- Learn more about the transition back to Moda.
Dental Plan Changes:
Kaiser Dental plan change: The additional $25 cost share for emergent or urgent dental care will no longer be assessed.
Delta Dental plan changes:
Health Through Oral Wellness – members who qualify may receive additional cleanings, sealant and fluoride, drugs for home use, oral hygiene instruction, nutritional counseling, and tobacco cessation counseling. This program enhances overall health through collaboration with your dentist.
- Athletic Mouth Guards – Athletic mouth guards are now covered once per year for members 15 and under and every 2 years age 16 and over. Over-the-counter athletic mouth guards are excluded.
Multnomah County Retiree Benefits
501 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Suite 400
Portland, OR 97214