The County provides Basic Life Insurance at no cost to you! If you would like more than these amounts, you can apply anytime for Supplemental Life Insurance for up to $500,000 for yourself and up to $500,000 for your spouse/domestic partner.
You are guaranteed coverage for up to $200,000 for yourself and $50,000 for spouse/domestic partner, if you apply within 31 days of hire. For more than this amount, The Standard requires a medical questionnaire and will approve or deny.
How to apply:
- Apply using the Workday Benefits application. Benefits > Change > use today's date > Select "Supplemental Life Enroll/Cancel > then make your desired changes and submit!
- Costs will be deducted post-tax from your paycheck semi-monthly basis.
- You can apply any time, not just during open enrollment.
- The minimum coverage amount starts at $30,000.
Detailed information can be found in the:
- Add or change your beneficiaries anytime in Workday using this Quick Resource Guide.
- Also see our Beneficiary Resource Guide for more details on estate planning.
Continuing Your Life Insurance Post-Employment
When you leave County employment you can purchase the same level of life insurance coverage (or a lesser amount) directly from The Standard Insurance Company, at the group insurance rates. The Standard will send you a notice when applicable.