What is a Transportation Reimbursement Plan (TRP)?

A TRP is a pre-tax benefit account used to pay for eligible commuting expenses to/from work. Multnomah County offers two types: Parking TRP and Transit TRP. 

How do TRPs Work? 

  • You contribute money through payroll deductions each pay period for your own work-related parking expenses and/or transit expenses (passes/fares).
  • Your deductions are sent to PacificSource Administrators (PSA) after each pay period.
  • Transit TRP participants can only use the Benny card to access available funds (manual reimbursement requests are not permitted).
  • Parking TRP participants can only submit a reimbursement request with receipts to PSA (Parking TRP funds are not accessible via the Benny card). 
  • Reimbursement claims (for the parking TRP) are processed as soon as the funds are available in your account.
  • Funds remaining in the account at the end of the plan year will roll over to the next plan year
  • You must re-enroll annually (during open enrollment) to keep active participation/payroll deductions in the new plan year. 

Important Facts about TRPs

  • You can make changes (increases/decreases to deductions) to your enrollment as needed (once per month maximum). 
  • You can sign up or cancel your enrollment at any time (not just during open enrollment).
  • Only fund the account for costs you can reasonably predict.
  • If you leave the County (and have enrolled in the Parking TRP), you can only get reimbursed for expenses that you incurred while you were employed (Parking TRP).
  • If you leave the County (and have enrolled in the Transit TRP), any unused funds remaining in the account are forfeited. 

Two Types of TRPs are available

Parking TRP

Maximum Enrollment Amount: $300 per month / $150 per pay period - effective 1/1/2023

Minimum: $20 per month / $10 per pay period

Eligible Reimbursements

  • Non-County parking garages and lots
  • Portland parking meters
  • Bicycle parking

Access your TRP Parking account through PacificSource to submit claims and find claim forms. Claims are submitted to PacificSource, there is not a debit card option for TRP - Parking expenses. 

Transit TRP

Maximum Enrollment Amount: $200 per month / $100 per pay period - effective 1/1/2023

Minimum: $20 per month / $10 per pay period

Eligible Reimbursements:

  • Transit tickets and passes (i.e. C-Tran express)
  • Vanpool

Funds loaded each pay period on your FSA Mastercard mailed to you by PacificSource.

Workday Logo

Enroll using Workday.

For more information, email employee.benefits@multco.usor call 503-988-3477.

PacificSource Administrators

Log in to your PacificSource online account for balance information, to request reimbursements and find forms. You are given a username and password upon enrollment. 

Call 800-422-7038 or email PacificSourceCustomer Service for: 

  • Help with initial online account setup or inability to access account
  • Questions about qualifying expenses
  • Questions about submitting reimbursements

PacificSource Logo

TRP Documents

TRP Eligible Commuter Expenses List (105.58 KB)

2022 Transportation Summary Plan Description (439.78 KB)