Last week Multnomah County notified the community of several planned Morrison Bridge closures in February and early March for ongoing work on the Morrison Paint Project. The contractor on the project was able to cancel two of those upcoming closures.
Canceled Bridge Closures:
- February 17-20 and 24-27
- The Morrison Bridge will now be open to all traffic Feb. 17-20
- Additional traffic impacts short of a full closure are still expected Feb. 24-27
Additional Traffic Impacts:
- While there won’t be a full bridge closure the weekend of Feb. 24-27, eastbound lanes on the Morrison Bridge will be closed starting at 8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 23, and will reopen at 5 a.m. Monday Feb. 27 .
- On Friday, March 10 starting at 10 p.m. eastbound lanes on the Morrison Bridge will be closed. Eastbound lanes will reopen at 5 a.m. Monday, March 13
Upcoming Planned Morrison Bridge Closure:
- On Friday, March 3, starting at 10 p.m., the Morrison Bridge will close to traffic including all motorized vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians. The Morrison Bridge will reopen Monday, March 6, at 5 a.m. **This was previously announced in last week’s press release. (Please note: Scheduled closures may change depending on work needs and other conditions).
The Morrison Bridge Paint Project began in January 2022 and will continue until fall 2023. For information: /morrisonpaint.