We investigate reported land use, right-of-way or solid waste & recycling code violations in the unincorporated areas of Multnomah County.

We are not able to address enforcement issues under a city’s zoning code. If the home or business is within a city’s jurisdiction, please contact the city’s code compliance program to file a complaint. 

Fairview | Gresham | Maywood Park | Portland | Troutdale | Wood Village

What issues does this office address?

The most common code violations enforced by us are:

  • Non-permitted buildings or structures
  • Non-permitted commercial uses 
  • Non-permitted dwelling uses
  • Non-permitted fill or excavation

Learn more about Code Violations that we enforce. 

Contact Us

Attn: Code Compliance
1600 SE 190th Ave
Portland, OR 97233

How to file a complaint

Other County Enforcement Contacts

Reporting Health Issues

Reporting Animal Concerns

  • Animal Nuisances such as dangerous or barking dogs, and pet trespassing on private property
  • Vector Control for chicken, bees and farm animal concerns