About Commissioner Jayapal
Susheela Jayapal has proudly served as your District 2 Multnomah County Commissioner since January, 2019. She was born in India, and came to the United States when she was 16 to go to college. Susheela is a lawyer, whose last legal job was as General Counsel for Adidas America; and has also spent two decades as a volunteer community leader/advocate for a number of community-based organizations. Her priorities include housing and homelessness; economic justice; clean air and climate resilience; and public safety.
Learn more about Commissioner Jayapal and her staff.
The Commissioner’s committee responsibilities include the following:
- Liaison, Tri County Planning Body for Supportive Housing Services
- Liaison, Supportive Housing Services Oversight Committee
- Liaison and Executive Committee Member, Worksystems Workforce Development Board
- Liaison, Joint Policy Advisory Committee on Transportation
- Liaison, Region 1 Area Commissioner on Transportation
- Liaison, Regional Tolling Advisory Committee
- Co-chair, Earthquake Ready Burnside Bridge
- Walnut Park Redevelopment Planning Project
- Board Member, Association of Oregon Counties
- Chair, Joint Task Force on Supporting Business in Reducing Diesel Emissions (2020)