Pay range frequency
Job profile FLSA
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Duties for the County Chair are outlined in the Multnomah County Home Rule Charter: Chapter 6.10 Administration:
- Preside over meetings of the Board of Commissioners and have a vote on each matter.
- Acts as sole authority to appoint, order, direct and discharge administrative officers and employees of the county, except for staff of elective county offices.
- Execute policies of the board and ordinances of the county.
- Sign all contracts, bonds and other instruments requiring county consent.
- Prepare the county budget for submission to the board.
- May delegate administrative powers but shall retain full responsibility for the acts of subordinates.
LEVEL AND TYPE OF WORK AND/OR SUPERVISION:
- Advanced level
- Perform the most difficult assignments requiring a higher level of responsibility, applying advanced subject knowledge, and exercising significant independent judgment and initiative.
- Exercise direct supervision over staff.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS GUIDELINES:
The County Chair is a position that is elected for a four (4) year term. The County Chair is elected to serve at-large as established by the Multnomah County Home Rule Charter.
General qualifications and terms of office for county officers are outlined in Multnomah County Home Rule Charter Chapter 4.10 Qualifications and 4.20 Terms of Office.