Housing iconWhat's on this page:

Need housing?

Contact 211info, your local social services information service. 

Ways to contact 211info:

Calling for older adults, a person with a disability or a Veteran?

Call the Aging, Disability & Veteran Resource Connection (ADRC) at 503.988.3646 (open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)


  • Older adults
  • Caregivers
  • Veterans
  • People with physical and/or intellectual/developmental disabilities

Experiencing Homelessness?

Visit the Joint Office of Homeless Services' "Who to Call for What" page for information about services for people experiencing homelessness. 

Search for an Affordable Home online

Search for one of Home Forward's low-income apartments.

Rent Assistance

Contact 211info for rent assistance information

If you are experiencing homelessness or at the risk of losing your home you may be able to get three kinds of help:

  1. Safety off the streets: Get an emergency hotel/motel voucher for temporary shelter
  2. Pay the rent if you are in danger of eviction
  3. Get permanent housing

Short Term Rent Assistance (STRA) is a unified countywide program that provides limited housing assistance (up to 24 months) to households in Multnomah County that are experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. Home Forward administers the program on behalf of Multnomah County, the City of Portland, and the City of Gresham. STRA is designed to respond quickly when homelessness threatens an individual or family.