209 SW 4th Ave
Portland, OR 97204-0000
Monday - Friday, 8 am-5 pm
600 NE 8th St
Suite 200
Gresham, OR 97030
Monday - Friday, 8 am-5 pm

adult disabilities

What we do

We assist Adult individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disability that live in the family home, live independently, or receive residential services. Specifically, services coordinators work to ensure that:

  • the Individual Support Plan is implemented,
  • there are no health and safety issues,
  • medical issues are being addressed and
  • a person's money is being used appropriately

Get started

To start the process of obtaining a Services Coordinator fill out this referral form or call 503.988.6258.

Individual Support Plan

Each adult served has an individually tailored plan of care called an Individual Support Plan (ISP). It is developed by the adult and the adult's network of support. The ISP defines the supports the individual will receive throughout the year including the level of involvement the Service Coordinator will have during the year. The Service Coordinator works closely with the individual and the network of support to help them progress toward their identified goals including aspirations, community integration, and employment.

Services for Adults

IDD Services Overview English (84.97 KB)

IDD Services Overview Russian (1.41 MB)

IDD Services Overview Spanish (85.04 KB)

IDD Services Overview Vietnamese (1.31 MB)

IDD Choice Advising

It’s your choice! Where you live, the care you get, and how you spend your days - it’s all in your hands! We’re here to support you along the way.

See this short presentation here (1.73 MB) to learn about your options.

In-Home Support Services

For individuals aged 18 years or older with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities to continue to live in their own home or in their family homes.

Services include:

  • Assistance in determining support needs 
  • Finding and arranging resources
  • Personal support services to meet the individual's needs
  • Assisting individuals to make informed decisions about personal support needs and support providers
  • Monitoring and improving the quality of personal supports

Types of supports include:

  • Attendant Care
  • Behavior Supports
  • Relief Care
  • Skills Training
  • Non-Medical Community Transportation
  • Environmental Modification, like...

Group Home Residential Facilities

Residential services delivered in neighborhood homes to individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities who require 24-hour care, supervision, and training.

Employment Services 

Out-of-home employment or community training services and related supports, delivered to individuals aged 18 or older with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, to improve the individual's productivity, independence and integration in the community. 

Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Foster Homes

Residential care and services delivered to individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in foster homes.

Services include:

  • 24-hour supervision
  • Room and board
  • Assistance with the activities of everyday living, from grooming and eating to participation in leisure activities
  • Access to services which help the individual develop appropriate skills to increase or maintain their level of functioning

Services for Adults Not in Funded Services

Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Services Coordinators are responsible for ensuring the health and safety of these clients and referring them to available community resources to meet their needs. Areas of concern are adequate housing, medical and mental health supports, and assistance with the legal system. Services Coordinators support may include attending appointments or court hearings to ensure adequate representation of client needs and understanding of subsequent needed actions. 

Choice of Case Management Entity

If you are 18 and older and not living in a foster home or group home, you may be able to choose who will provide your case management services.  If you are under 18 or plan to live in a foster home or group home, Multnomah County I/DD will provide your services. 

Case Management entity choices are:

The video Choosing a Case Management Entity in Oregon may help guide your choice.

If you are found eligible for the I/DD program, the Eligibility Specialist you are working with will also discuss your choices with you.  You also continue to have choice after being found eligible.

If you would like to change who you receive services through, please discuss with your Multnomah County I/DD Service Coordinator or Support Services Brokerage Personal Agent. 

All services and funding available are based on criteria found in the Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs) for Community Development Disabilities Programs and Case Management Services for Individuals with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities.