Report a housing code violation in the City of Portland 

City of Portland - Property Compliance Division, enforces City and State building codes. Inspectors will investigate potential code violations after a report is submitted.

Bed Bug Resources


Healthy Homes Asthma Home Visiting Program

Asthma symptoms in children can be hard to manage, and housing conditions can often make them worse.

Healthy Homes is a free program for low-income families that can help you take control of your child’s asthma. It has significantly reduced emergency room visits and improved asthma symptoms. The program lasts for 6 months.

A nurse asthma educator and community health worker will visit you at home to provide education. They will also help you with:

  • Medication management
  • Enhancing your asthma action plan
  • Improving the health of your home
  • Additional community resources

This program serves families who:

  • Have a child under the age of 19 with asthma or restrictive airway disease
  • Live in Multnomah County
  • Meet the income requirements for the Oregon Health Plan

Sign Up: Call 503-988-7861

You can download their brochure here in English or here in Spanish. 


Multnomah County offers a weatherization program that works to make homes safer, more energy efficient and comfortable - at no cost to the homeowner. Multnomah County Weatherization Program can save homeowners money on energy bills and improve indoor air quality. Their free services are available for people with limited incomes. An auditor will conduct an energy audit of the home to determine and identify measures that can save money on energy bills. Cost-effective measures may include:

  • Ceiling, wall and floor insulation
  • Furnace inspection
  • Heating duct improvements
  • Air sealing
  • Ventilation
  • Energy education

Water Leak Repair 

If you suspect that you have a water leak and you are a City of Portland Water Bureau (PWB) customer, please contact the PWB water leak repair assistance program online or at 503.823.4527.

Financial assistance for repair of leaky toilets, faucets, plumbing, and underground leaks may be available to eligible customers who own and occupy their own homes.

Eligibility Criteria

To be eligible for the program you must meet the following criteria:

  • If you live an apartment building, please have the property owner contact them
  • You  must live on a limited income (which can be found on the State of Oregon website)
  • You must live in Multnomah County
  • Own or rent a single family home or mobile home (if you are a renter, landlord’s approval is required)

To apply visit the Weatherization website here and complete their online referral form. 


Already a participant or have a question that isn't related to becoming a participant? Call 503.988.7423 or email

Return to IDD Housing Resource Guide Homepage