Please, no resource solicitations: Due to a high volume of inquiry DCHS is only posting resource links to Multnomah County resources, contracted nonprofit partners, government or research institutions. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Northwest Down Syndrome Association creates and nurtures a loving, inclusive community celebrating every person with an Intellectual or Developmental Disability, including Down syndrome. With its sister project All Born (In), they also provide a network of supports for families experiencing a wide range of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. Call 503.238.0522 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Read news from the City of Portland Disability Program
Health & Benefits
- Social Security (SSI)
- Oregon Health Plan (OHP)
- Mental health information
- Mental health crisis line: 503.988.4888 or toll free 800.716.9769, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Free/Discounted Internet & Wireless Services
- DHS child welfare
- DHS child protective services
- Abuse reporting/crisis for children
- Wraparound: Team-based process for helping youth with serious emotional, behavioral or medical needs.
- Guardianship information
- Abuse investigations
- Domestic Violence: Contact the 24-hr Call to Safety crisis line at 1.888.235.5333 for support and information.
- Domestic Violence: Strategies for victims with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Monthly Community Resources
- Community Resources - April 2023 (731.31 KB)
- Community Resources - March 2023 (211.85 KB)
- Community Resources - February 2023 (270.75 KB)
- Community Resources - January 2023 (522.59 KB)
- Community Resources - December 2022 (356.36 KB)
Digital Resource Catalog 2021
- Digital Resource Catalog 2021 (6.5 MB)