The Domestic Violence Enhanced Response Team (DVERT) is a nationally recognized model of intervention that places an emphasis on identifying and providing coordinated, multi-disciplinary responses to high-priority/high-risk domestic violence cases. The Multnomah County DVERT is partially funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Justice – Office on Violence Against Women Grants to Encourage Arrests Policies. DVERT strives for a “best practices” model of interagency collaboration by coordinating several forms of intervention for domestic violence victims and offenders. DVERT works in partnership to address domestic violence by:
- Enhancing the safety of high-risk-for-lethality victims, children and animals.
- Ensuring appropriate containment of high-risk offenders.
- Facilitating local community-oriented policing initiatives.
- Providing specialized training locally and nationally--including on strangulation, stalking, and lethality; and
- Supporting communities seeking to develop and sustain similar collaborative efforts.
To learn more, schedule a training, or make a referral, contact the DVERT coordinator at (503) 988-6440.
The mission of the Multnomah County DVERT is to increase victim safety and offender accountability in high risk/high lethality domestic violence cases through a collaborative interagency response that considers the needs of victims and their children.
The goal of intervention is to stop the assailant's violence. The focus of intervention is to protect the victim from further harm.
- Portland Police Bureau – Family Services Division
- Gresham Police Department
- Multnomah County Domestic Violence Coordination Office
- Multnomah County District Attorney’s office (DA’s office)
- Multnomah County Department of Community Justice (DCJ)
- Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office
- Catholic Charities – El Programa Hispano
- Raphael House
- Volunteers of America – Home Free
- Department of Human Services – Child Welfare
- Legal Aid Services’ Multnomah County
- Department of Human Services - Self Sufficiency