The project initiated the Design Phase in fall 2023. In this phase the project team will start to evaluate bridge form, architectural and aesthetic features, mechanical and structural engineering, constructability as well as cost and long-term maintenance needs. The project team will work closely with engineers, architects, contractors, agencies, regulatory bodies and the community during this phase. After final design plans are complete, the project can move into construction.
After many years of planning, environmental analysis and community engagement, the ‘Replacement Long-span’ bridge was selected as the Preferred Alternative. The County based this decision off of input from the community, requirements from regulatory bodies and agencies, lower impacts on the environment, best seismic resiliency and lowest cost.
Design Phase Timeline (dates subject to change):
- Fall 2023: Design Phase start
- Spring 2024: Solicit community input on bridge type, form and materials
- Spring/Summer 2024: Select bridge type, form and materials
- Spring/Summer 2024: 30% design complete
- Fall 2024: Solicit community input on bridge aesthetic features
- Fall 2025: Select bridge aesthetic features
- Fall 2025: 60% design complete
- Early/mid 2026: 100% design complete