Letter to Voter
Dear City of Portland Voter:
The City of Portland has called for a Special Runoff election on August 11, 2020, to fill the vacancy for Commissioner, Position 2. The City of Portland Charter Section 2-206 requires a Special Election for a vacant position.
All voters in the City of Portland are receiving a ballot for this Special Election with the top two candidates from the May Election for Commissioner, Position 2.
The runoff election for other Portland positions, including Mayor and Commissioner, Position 4 are scheduled for the November 3, 2020 General Election.
Here are a few other things you should know:
- You can view your registration status at www.oregonvotes.gov/myvote. There you can check or update your voter registration or track your ballot.
- Remember to stay safe and vote by mail. New in 2020, stamps are not needed to return your ballot by mail. There are two ways to return your ballot. You can vote from home, by mail with free postage - mail no later than Thursday, August 6, 2020. (In-State only.) If you are voting from an out of state absentee address, please mail your ballot back at least one week prior to Election Day. Or, use any Multnomah County Official Ballot Drop Site by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, August 11, 2020.
- Due to impending construction of a new building in our neighborhood, we’ve moved our 24-hour drop box on the East Side of SE 11th Ave. one block north. It is now located on the East side of SE 11th Ave. between SE Alder St. and SE Morrison St. in front of the Buckman Veterinary Clinic. The drop box on the north side of SE Belmont St between SE 10th Ave and SE 11th Ave has not moved.
- Albina Library has moved. The new location is at 216 NE Knott St., Portland. A temporary drop box will be located in front of the new location for this election.
- Voted ballots MUST be received at the Elections office or official drop site location by 8:00 PM, Tuesday, August 11, 2020 to be counted.
If you have any questions, you can contact our office at
Multnomah County Director of Elections