Obtaining a Voter List - Any person may obtain an electronic copy of a statewide or less than statewide voter list from the Office of the Secretary of State, Elections Division, or any county elections official. Requests for a hardcopy of a less than statewide voter list, labels, or other non-electronic formats must be made with the county elections official of each county in which voters to be listed reside. The Secretary of State, Elections Division does not provide hardcopy voter lists.
Orders placed with the Oregon Secretary of State's office can be done online, paid with a credit card. Fees are the same whether ordered through the Secretary of State's office or your County Elections office. Call the Secretary of State's office at 503-986-1518 with any questions.
Orders placed with Multnomah County Elections must be done in-person or by mail. Data can be ordered from Multnomah County Elections by completing the appropriate form below with a $25 set-up fee (cash/check), and then the remainder paid (cash/check) when the computer disk (CD) is ready for pick-up. Data ordered through Multnomah County is only available for Multnomah County. If a district is in more then one county, data will have to be ordered from each county separately or all data can be ordered through the Oregon Secretary of State's office. Please call 503-988-3720 if you have any questions.
- Ballot Returns (16.36 KB)
Computer order list of ballots returned.
- Voter history (17.29 KB)
Computer order list of registered voters and voter history.
- Voter Information (16.25 KB)
Computer order list of registered voters.
- Walking list (16.47 KB)
Printout list of registered voters in precinct walking order.
- Precinct committee list (20.59 KB)
List of precinct committee persons by party
There are currently 113 Precincts and 255 splits within precincts in Multnomah County.
Interactive online precinct map
- Interactive ArcGIS precinct map in Multnomah County
GIS data - available to download
- Precincts by State Representative District - updated 2-2016
- Individual Precincts
- Precinct changes - Feb. 2016 - consolidation of precincts
District and Precinct Data
Voter registration reports from Oregon Central Voter Registration (OCVR) system. For monthly registration statistics, please contact the Oregon Secretary of State. The Secretary of State's office is tasked with collecting monthly statistics for State and Federal requirements.
Voter registration numbers by district.
Voter registration by precinct
List of Precincts within each district.
List of Districts in each of the 113 Precincts.
District maps available below. If you need a specific map not listed below, please contact us.
- US Congressional Districts in Multnomah County (521.59 KB)
- Link to map of state districts in Oregon (Oregon Legislature).
- Special Districts
- MESD Zones 2012 (209.91 KB)
- Mt Hood Community College Board Zones (230.29 KB)
- School District Boundaries (553.8 KB) (PDF)
- Fire District Boundaries (615.88 KB)
- Water District Boundaries (263.97 KB)
- People's Utility Districts
Redistricting after the 2020 Census
Redistricting from the 2020 Census will begin in 2021 as Federal, State and local Districts redistrict electoral boundaries based on new 2020 Census population numbers.
The Oregon Legislature will act to draw Congressional and State legislative boundaries during the 2021 Legislative session. Metro and Multnomah County will council boundaries in 2021. Other local jurisdictions will act to redraw electoral boundaries in 2021 and 2022. Please note that due to Census data being delayed until Sept. 30, 2021, some redistricting may take place under different timelines.
Updated timeline for redistricting
- August 15-30th – Census Data Arrives
- September 9th -- 2022 Candidate Filing Opens
- September 27th -- Legislative Redistricting Deadline
- October 18th -- SOS Redistricting Deadline (If Legislature does not complete plan)
- February 7th -- Maps MUST be Finalized by the Courts
- January 1, February 1, OR February 8 – new deadline to determine residency, depending on which entity completes redistricting and when legal challenges are complete.
- January 1: If redistricting plan is complete by January 1st, this is the date for residency requirements.
- February 1: If redistricting plan is drawn by Legislature and NOT final by January 1st, February 1st is the deadline for residency requirements.
- February 8: If redistricting plan is drawn by Secretary of State and NOT final by January 1st, February 8th is the deadline for residency requirements.
- March 8th -- 2022 Candidate Filing Closes
Multnomah County will develop new precinct boundaries in 2021 and 2022, by legislative district, based on the new electoral boundaries, following state statute. Precincts are administrative in nature because Oregon is a vote by mail state. One of the goals in developing precincts is to minimize the number of precincts and splits which create ballot styles for each election. Currently, there are 113 precincts and 255 split precincts in Multnomah County.
Historical Information on Redistricting and Precincts
After the 2010 Census, 2011 and 2012 were transitional years for redistricting of political boundaries. In 2016, some precincts were consolidated due to a change in the cap of registered voters allowed per precinct.
Below is information on the last redistricting process after the 2010 Census
- Oregon Approved Congressional Boundaries 2011
- (PDF) in Multnomah County
- State of Oregon Redistricting Information (PDF)
Redistricting information from the Oregon Legislature.
- Multnomah County Redistricting
Information on the redistricting process for Multnomah County Commissioner Districts
- Metro Council Redistricting
Information on the new Metro Council district boundaries, adopted in May 2011
- District and ArcGIS Interactive maps
Links below to older precinct maps and precinct changes. Districts and precincts change every ten years after the Decennial Census. Precincts may change during the ten year cycle as district boundaries change or the number of voters in a precinct change.
- Precinct & District Maps (2016)
- Precinct & District Maps (2013)
- Precinct & District Maps (2012)
- Precinct & District Maps (2001-2011)
Precinct Changes - list of precinct changes since 1972
- 2011-12 Precinct Changes
- Precinct Changes after 2011 Redistricting (53.29 KB)
- Map of Precinct Changes after 2011 Redistricting (578.35 KB)
- Map of Precinct Changes after 2011 Redistricting with new precinct splits (624.63 KB)
- Map of old and new precincts after 2011 redistricting (357.17 KB) of old and new precincts
- Precinct Changes (2001-2011)
- 2001- after 2000 Census and legislative redistricting (93.86 KB)
- 2005 Precinct Changes (746.51 KB)
- 2008 Precinct Changes (2.45 MB)
- 2009 precinct changes
- Precinct changes 2000 - 1972