Dear Multnomah County Voter:
This part of your Voters’ Pamphlet is provided by your Multnomah County Elections Division. It includes information about candidates and measures from local jurisdictions within the boundaries of Multnomah County.
Here are a few things you should know:
- Voted ballots MUST be received at any County Elections Office or drop site location by 8:00 PM, Tuesday, May 15, 2012 to be counted.
- If you are registered as a Democrat or Republican, you will receive a ballot containing your party’s candidates, the non-partisan candidates and the measures. You will also receive a precinct committeeperson ballot for your political party.
- If you are not registered as a Democrat or Republican, you will receive a ballot containing the non-partisan candidates and measures.
- Voters may change their party by registering online (with Oregon DMV ID) or completing a new registration card. Party changes must be completed by April 24th: in person by 5 PM, by mail postmarked April 24 or by online registration by 11:59 PM.
- Not all the candidates or measures in this Voters’ Pamphlet will be on your ballot. Your residence address determines those districts for which you may vote. Your official ballot will contain the candidates and issues which apply to your residence.
- Not all candidates submitted information for the Voters’ Pamphlet so you may have candidates on your ballot that are not in the Voters’ Pamphlet.
- This Voters’ Pamphlet is on our website: www.mcelections.org. Starting at 8:00 PM on election night, preliminary election results will be posted on our website and updated throughout the evening.
- If a ballot was delivered to your residence for someone who should no longer be receiving a ballot at your address, please write “RETURN” on the envelope and place it back in your mailbox. If a ballot was sent to someone who is deceased, please write “DECEASED” on the envelope and place it back in your mailbox.
If you have any questions you can contact our office at: 503-988-3720.
Multnomah County Director of Elections
PLEASE NOTE: Multnomah County Elections prints information as submitted. We do not correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, syntax, errors or inaccurate information.