Commissioner, District 3
Jessica Vega Pederson
Occupation: Multnomah County Commissioner
Occupational Background: State Representative, Project Manager
Educational Background: Loyola University Chicago
Prior Governmental Experience: County Commissioner 2017-2020; State Representative 2013-2016; Democratic Precinct Committee Person 2006-2016
Community Involvement: Center for Women’s Leadership; NARAL Pro-Choice Oregon; Portland Children’s Levy
Jessica Vega Pederson
A Progressive Champion for Multnomah County
Our Community’s Values
Jessica is a proven progressive champion for working families. She accomplished:
- Leading the fight on climate change with a county-wide commitment of 100% renewable energy by 2050 and establishing environmental justice principles for Multnomah County.
- Driving efforts for regional transportations investments that prioritize safety, equity and climate.
- Spearheading a statewide law guaranteeing Oregon workers the right to earn paid sick days.
- Increasing the minimum wage to a living wage so more Oregonians can meet their basic needs.
- Passing a landmark law requiring universal background checks on all Oregon gun purchases.
Our Community’s Priorities
As our housing, childcare and other living expenses keep increasing, Jessica understands how critical the right priorities are for our elected officials. That’s why she’s committed to:
- Affordable housing options throughout Multnomah County
- Expanding preschool to all children in Multnomah County
- Supporting senior centers, especially in underserved communities
- Investing in infrastructure improvements for transit, new sidewalks, and seismically resilient bridges
- Improving access to mental health and drug treatment services
- Protecting our environment for now and for future generations
“Jessica Vega Pederson has all the qualities of a proven leader. We can count on her to work passionately and collaboratively in finding solutions to help Multnomah County families thrive." – Governor Barbara Roberts
Congressman Multnomah County Earl Blumenauer
Chair Deborah Kafoury
Multnomah County Commissioners:
State Senator Shemia Fagan
Gresham Councilor Eddy Morales
Multnomah County Employees, AFSCME, Local 88
NARAL, Pro-Choice Oregon
Oregon Nurses Association
East County Rising PAC
Portland Business Alliance
Oregon State Council for Retired Citizens
Northwest Oregon Labor Council
Basic Rights Oregon Equality PAC Greenlight
(This information furnished by Friends of Jessica Vega Pederson)
The above information has not been verified for accuracy by Multnomah County.