Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue District
Director, Position 1
Occupation: Semi-Retired General Contractor
Occupational Background: Tektronix, Morrison Knudensen, Self employed
Educational Background: Oregon State University, Forestry, No; Portland State University, General Studies, No.
Prior Governmental Experience: Tualatin Rural Fire Protection District - Budget Committee 7 years; Tigard Water District - Commissioner 5 years; Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue - Budget Committee 6 years; Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue - Director since 1996; Washington County Consolidated Communication Agency since 1996.
Robert C. (Bob) Wyffels is running for re-election to the Tualatin Valley Fire District, Board of Directors, Position #1.
- Citizen participant with the fire district since 1984
- TVFR & Tualatin Rural Fire District - Budget Committee member for 13 years
- Requested to apply for and was appointed to TVFR Board of Directors in 1996
- Successfully ran for re-election every 4 years since 1997
- Have held every leadership position on the Board of Directors
- Worked with 5 different Fire Chiefs since 1984
- Director of Washington County Consolidated Communications Agency (WCCCA) (911) since 1996
- Currently serving as 1st Vice-Chair of WCCCA Board of Directors
- Tigard Water District Commissioner for 5 years
Directors of TVFR are responsible for: Policy, budget and clear standards of performance
TVFR has become one of the most respected fire districts in Oregon and the United States
TVFR has achieved AAA bond rating for over a decade
I hope that you are proud of the accomplishments of TVFR during my tenure as a Director, the future looks very good for the people that we serve!
I humbly ask for your vote for the position of Director in the May 18, 2021 election!
(This information furnished by Bob Wyffels)
Director, Position 3
Occupation: Retired Lieutenant / EMT, Portland Fire & Rescue
Occupational Background: Volunteer Firefighter Tualatin Rural Fire Protection District, Professional Firefighter Clackamas County Fire District #54, Professional Firefighter/ Officer Portland Fire & Rescue, Communication and Security Business Experience
Educational Background: Eastern Oregon University – Fire Administrative Studies, Portland Community College – AAS Fire Protection Technology, Western Oregon University – Advanced & Basic Fire Institute/Administrators Certificate
Prior Governmental Experience: 2009 to Present: Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue Board Member, 2020 to Present Vice President of TVF&R Fire Board, 2017 to 2020 Secretary/ Treasurer of TVF&R Fire Board, 2015 to 2017 President of TVF&R Fire Board, Present member of METRO – Metro Policy Advisory Committee, Present Member of Clackamas County ALS Consortium.
Comprehensive – Experience – Proficient
Gordon is running for reelection to his fourth term. During his tenure Gordon has continued to follow through to be a driving force and good steward in representing the Citizens and Businesses served by Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue (TVF&R) to make informed decisions.
Since the last election Gordon has overseen:
- The annexation of City of Newberg Fire Department and Newberg Rural Fire Protection district.
- The relocation and upgrading of a new fleet maintenance center.
- The addition and upgrading of Fire Stations.
- Chehalem Mountain and Wildland Urban interface activity,
- Covid – 19 application.
Gordon has previously and will continue to make sure TVF&R:
- Be Financially Stable and Responsible
- Keep up to date with the latest pertinent Technology, Training and Staffing.
- Actively Coordinates and Collaborate with other Fire Departments and Municipal entities.
The past year has been very challenging, now is not the time to get complacent. Through good planning, training, and leadership we have to make sure to continue to be prepared for the next emergency to provide the best service practices possible for those served by TVF&R with reelecting Gordon.
Gordon Been Endorsed by:
Denny Doyle, Former Mayor of Beaverton
John Cook, Former Mayor of Tigard
Tualatin Valley Fire Fighters Union, IAFF Local 1660
Re-Elect Gordon L Hovies – TVF&R Fire Position #3
(This information furnished by Gordon L Hovies)