Note: Please submit any community presentation or emergency preparedness supply requests through the "Emergency Management Presentations and Materials Request Form" on the side bar.
The Multnomah County Office of Emergency Management (MCEM) coordinates training and exercise opportunities designed to increase disaster resilience and response readiness across the County in preparation for potential emergencies and/or disasters. Training and exercise opportunities bring community partners together local, state, and Federal governments, public safety/first responders, non-profit and volunteer organizations, and the private sector. By validating emergency plans and procedures, stakeholders are able to identify strengths and areas for improvement. Training and exercise opportunities based on identified gaps prepare personnel to respond effectively to and recover quickly from real world incidents.
County Emergency Management Training and Exercise Plan (TEP)
Internal Training Resources
- County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Training Content & General Information
- County Disaster Resource Center (DRC) Training Content & General Information
External Training Resources
- Emergency Management Institute On-Campus & Independent Study Training. Popular Online Courses:
- National Domestic Preparedness Consortium (Includes additional five  Public Safety-Focused Training Organizations)
- Multnomah County Emergency Management (MCEM) Training Calendar
- Regional Disaster Preparedness Organization (RDPO) Training Calendar
- State of Oregon Emergency Management (OEM) Training Calendar
- State of Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) Training Calendar
- State of Washington Emergency Management Division (EMD) Training Calendar
Exercise Opportunity Information, Resources, & Assistance Needs
The Office of Emergency Management regularly hosts exercise events with community partners to test the effectiveness of written plans and/or procedures, build awareness of written plans and/or procedures, and build relationship with partners. Upcoming exercise events can be found on the Emergency Management Events Calendar.
Need Assistance with Exercises? The MCEM is available to provide exercise development and facilitation assistance to county departments/divisions, private industry organizations, and non-profit organizations - reach out to the Training & Exercise Specialist for additional information. Additional exercise information, documentation, and guidance can be found below: