We currently support healthcare providers, healthcare support agencies and government agencies in the form of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), some COVID-19 testing supplies, and access to other resources from the state. PPE includes but is not limited to: N95s, procedure masks, gloves, gowns, and face shields. If you need resources other than PPE, you can use the “Other” category in the Resource Request form and specify what you need.
We prioritize life safety operations. We may be unable to fill your full request if it is for scarce resources.
Agencies that receive resources from the County, State, or Federal government should anticipate financial responsibility and may be required to reimburse all or some of the costs.
Prior to submitting a request we ask that you exhaust all other avenues for acquiring PPE from suppliers.
What type of face-covering do I need?
Please take a few minutes to review and consider these Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines about-face coverings. We’ve received many requests for specific masks, particularly N95s, but those may not be appropriate for every situation and supplies are limited.
- Face coverings, masks and COVID-19: what you should know
- N95s: CDC information on conserving PPE during the pandemic
- CDC's N95 respirator summary, includes instructions to "Use surgical N95 respirators only for HCP [health care personnel] who need protection from both airborne and fluid hazards (e.g., splashes, sprays). If needed, but unavailable, use a face shield over standard N95 respirator.”
Face shields for specific uses
Multnomah County is distributing face shields at no charge for specific uses, including:
- When a person has a medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask or face covering.
- When people need to see mouth and tongue motions in order to communicate (e.g., for communicating with children in certain developmental stages or people with hearing impairments).
Before requesting face shields, read these considerations for face shields from the CDC.
For help submitting a request, or to follow-up on a request you have already submitted, please:
- Call and talk to us directly: 503-988-5952, or
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org