Get help from qualified mediators negotiating custody and parenting time for children
Due to COVID-19, at this time all mediation sessions are being offered by phone.
Mediation is free and available to both voluntary and court-ordered parents regarding child custody and parenting time issues in Multnomah County. In a confidential setting, mediators help parents resolve conflicts and reach agreements about custody and parenting time and draft written agreements that you can attach to Court paperwork or present in Court. We do not offer mediation about child support or financial matters.
Concerned about your safety in mediation? Please see resources at the bottom of this page. You may also talk with a mediator about how to use mediation safely.
Learn more about mediation
- An Introduction to Multnomah County Mediation (video)
- In depth: Frequently asked questions about mediation
Reconnect with your child
- Second Chances: A Guidebook for Parents Wishing to Reunite with Their Children (1.99 MB)
- Segunda Oportunidad: (Spanish version) (1.92 MB)
- Access and Visitation Program
Manage your safety and the safety of your children
- Domestic violence issues
- Safety during mediation
- English Safety in Mediation (255.57 KB)