If you made a mistake on your 2004 Multnomah County income tax return and need to correct it – you will need to file an amended 2004 Multnomah County return. Prepare the return, using the 2004 Form MC TR 2004 MC TR: Self-Calculating Income Tax Return (334.47 KB), reporting the amended figures. Check the box on line C of the return to identify the return as an amended return. Include all amounts paid up to the time of the filing of the amended return on lines 8 and 9. Please include a statement explaining the reason the return is being amended and any relevant supporting schedules and documents.

PERS/Federal Retirement Benefits

If you are amending your return because you reported PERS of federal pension retirement benefits and are seeking a refund, please make sure to attach a copy of your IRS Form 1099-R.

Live in Another County

If you are amending your return because you mistakenly thought your residence was in Multnomah County, please indicate your address so we can verify that it is not in Multnomah County. In addition, please attach a document to prove that you resided at this address. Such documentation could be a copy of your rental agreement or a utility bill with your name on it.

Changes to Your 2004 Oregon Income Tax Return

If you are amending your return because you filed an amended Oregon income tax return, please attach a copy of your Form 40X.

File your amended return and pay any tax and interest due. Interest should be calculated from the day after the due date of the original return to the date the tax is paid. The postmark date of the amended return will serve as the date of payment provided the payment for the tax is included with the amended return. If you have a refund, any interest due you will be calculated for you and will be included with your refund. Please allow 6-8 weeks for your amended return to be processed and a refund check issued.