Important Service Changes:
Starting July 1, 2023, we will focus on syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, HIV and PrEP.
We evaluate and treat sexually transmitted infections. This can include a confidential HIV test.
If you need something checked and don't have a doctor or can't get an appointment, we can help!
Our services are nonjudgmental and confidential, and no one is turned away if they cannot pay.
If you are hearing impaired or speak another language, we can get an interpreter.
If you have an urgent need, call us at 503-988-3700 to schedule an appointment. Please, no walk-ins.
Conditions We Check For
- HIV - Offered confidentially as part of an STI exam. Find low-cost HIV test sites»
We offer "just checking" visits on a limited basis—if you have no symptoms or you don't know if you've been exposed.
What to Expect at Your Visit
The way we check for STIs depends on what tests you want or need. We might need to check your urine, blood, or body (genitals, skin or mouth).
Gonorrhea may not show up on a test for 4-7 days after a possible exposure.
HIV and syphilis may not show up for 3 months, but can show up as early as 2 weeks.
Getting Your Test Results
- Online at OCHIN MyChart»
- By phone Monday - Friday, 1:30-4pm. Call the results desk at 503-988-5727.
- PrEP (medication to prevent HIV)
- Free condoms and other safe sex materials
- Partner notification services
- If you have HIV, we offer testing to your partners and can help connect you with services
New! Doxy PEP to Prevent STIs
If you're at risk for STIs, there's a medication you can take to prevent them. See if Doxy PEP is right for you»
Ask About PrEP
If you’re at risk for HIV and want to take medication to prevent it. It’s called PrEP and we can make it easy for you to get. Find out about PrEP»
What We Don’t Offer
- Birth control (other than condoms)
- Pap test
- Herpes test
- Treatment for genital warts
- Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) for HIV
We accept most insurance, including Care Oregon, OHP, Medicare and private insurance (except Kaiser).
If you are not billing insurance, the cost of your visit is $50. No one will be turned away if they cannot pay.
We accept cash, checks, VISA and Mastercard.
Other Ways to Get Care
Your sexual health is important. You can ask your health care provider for STI screening. Here are more resources if you don't have a provider:
- Multnomah County Health Department clinics
- Clark County Health Department
- Outside In
- Planned Parenthood
- Washington County Health Department
- TakeMeHome.org (free in-home HIV test kit)
619 NW 6th Avenue, 2nd Floor
Portland, OR 97209 Map
Test results: 503-988-5727
Hours by appointment:
Monday to Friday, 9am-4:30pm