Updated May 10, 2022
There are no updates at this time.
April 2022 was one of the wettest on record in Multnomah County, as well as one of the coolest, according to the National Weather Service. Wild swings in weather are actually typical for spring, but historically end by late spring, with longer periods of warm temperatures.
That means now is a good time to start preparing your home for warmer weather. Consider if you need fans, a change in window coverings or air filters. If you have limited income, you may qualify for Multnomah County's weatherization program. Check your eligibility here.
National Weather Service records tell us warm weather is not far away:
- Earliest 80-degree day in Portland: March 16,1947
- Average number of days in May that reach 80 degrees: 4
- Earliest Portland has seen a 90-degree day: April 30, 1998
- Warmest day in the month of May: 100 degrees, recorded in 1983
- Average date Portland hits 90 degrees: June 20th.