- Swim in designated areas that are supervised by a lifeguard.
- Swim with a buddy — never alone.
- Teach children to always ask permission before going in the water.
- Never leave children unsupervised in or near the water, even for a minute.
- Wear a life jacket when swimming anywhere without lifeguards or when you engage in water sports.
- Inflatable toys and mattresses will not keep children safe. By law, children ages 12 or younger must wear a U.S. Coast Guard- approved life jacket or vest on all vessels 18 feet or shorter.
- Don’t drink or drug when swimming or boating.
- Don’t dive into shallow water or unfamiliar swimming holes.
Multnomah County is in "Lower Risk" for COVID-19 under the state's reopening framework. Find out more at coronavirus.oregon.gov