On June 22, 2022 the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) released a Supplemental Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) to Address Unsheltered Homelessness. Through this NOFO, our community is eligible for $8.3 million over a 3-year grant period. This Notice of Funding Opportunity, often referred to as the 'Special NOFO,' is an additional funding opportunity that is running in tandem to the regular FY22 Continuum of Care Program Competition. See Continuum of Care Funding Opportunity for more information regarding the 'Regular NOFO.' The local competition deadline for new project pre-applications is September 16, 2022 at 11:59 PM PST. The deadline for submitting applications to HUD is 5:00 PM PST October 20, 2022.
The Joint Office of Homeless Services will post all 2022 CoC Supplemental NOFO resources and updates here. If you have questions or need any of these materials translated into another language, please contact Alyssa Plesser at email@example.com.
Local Competition Timeline:
- August 25: Local Project Solicitation Released
- August 30: New Project Orientation
- September 16: New Project Pre-Applications Due
- October 4: Projects Notified and Ranking Posted
- October 10: Local applications due in e-snaps
- October 11-13: Organizations available for editing e-snaps applications
- October 14: Final e-snaps submission
- October 17: Consolidated Application Posted to JOHS Website
- October 20: Consolidated Applications Posted submitted to HUD in e-snaps
New Project Orientation
Special NOFO New Project Orientation Slide Deck (768.04 KB)
Special NOFO FAQ - Coming Soon
General Resources for Applying:
E-SNAPS Guidance- Zip file containing eight documents on using e-snaps, the electronic CoC Program Application and Grants Management System that HUD uses to support the program funding application and grant awards process.
Ask a question to HUD: email SpecialCoCNOFO@hud.gov