Metro is proposing a nature park project for the West Hills, also known as the Tualatin Mountains. It includes building a number of multi-use trails. The plan requires a change to the county's Comprehensive Plan, as well as several county land use permits.
- Read Metro's description of the proposed project.
- Staff Report: T3-2017-9165, T4-2017-9166 (4.45 MB)
All application documents can be found in the Document Library.
The Multnomah County Planning Commission recommended approval of the project at the conclusion of a public hearing on March 6, 2023. Next, the Planning Commission will forward their recommendation to the Multnomah Board of County Commissioners . A new hearing on the proposal will be scheduled in front of the Board of County Commissioners at a date to be determined.
Read on for more information about the proposal, the hearing, and how you can have your say.
For more information, contact:
1600 SE 190th Avenue
Portland OR 97233-5910
The Board of County Commissioners will consider the case at a subsequent public hearing. A decision made by the Board of County Commissioners is appealable to the Land Use Board of Appeals by the applicant or other participants at the hearing.
Any issue intended to provide basis for an appeal to either the Board of County Commissioners or the Land use Board of Appeals must be raised before the close of the public record. Issues must be raised and accompanied by statements or evidence sufficient to afford the County and all parties to respond to the issue. Notice of the county’s final decision will be mailed to the subject property owner(s), applicant, parties within 750 feet of the subject property, and any other persons who submitted written comment or provided oral testimony at a public hearing.
All documents and application materials are available in the document library.
Applicable County Codes
- Multnomah County Comprehensive Plan
- West Hills Rural Plan Area
- Multnomah County Road Rules (old version, Jan 2004 - Mar 2018)
- Multnomah County Design and Construction Manual
- Building Regulations
- Administration and Procedures
Applicable Approval Criteria
Multnomah County Code (MCC):
- 37.0705 [Comprehensive Plan Amendment]
- 33.2030(A)(9)(b) [Conditional Uses in CFU-1]
- 33.2230(A)(9)(b) [Conditional Uses in CFU-2]
- 33.2630(C) [Conditional Uses in EFU]
- 33.2830 [Conditional Uses in MUA-20]
- 33.3130 [Conditional Uses in RR]
- 33.6300 – 33.6350 [Conditional Uses criteria]
- 33.6000 – 33.6020 [Standards for Community Services]
- 33.7000 – 33.7060 [Design Review]
- 33.2000 – 33.2110 [CFU-1 Base Zone]
- 33.2200 – 33.2310 [CFU-2 Base Zone]
- 33.2600 – 33.2690 [EFU Bass Zone]
- 33.2800 – 33.2885 [MUA-20 Base Zone]
- 33.3100 – 33.3185 [RR Base Zone]
- 33.4500 – 33.4575 [Significant Environmental Concern Overlay Zone]
- 33.5500 – 33.5525 [Hillside Development/Slope Hazard Overlay Zone]
- 33.5700 – 33.5745 [Protected Aggregate & Mineral Sites]
- 33.2110 [Exceptions to Secondary Fire Safety Zones]
- 33.7600 – 33.7616 [Adjustments and Variances]
- 33.0005, 33.2075, 33.2870 [Lot of Record]
- Chapter 37 [Administration & Procedures]
- Chapter 29.003 [Adoption of State Building Code by Reference]
Applicable Road Rules (2004 version) criteria:
- 4.000 Access to County Roads
- 5.000 Transportation Impact
- 6.000 Improvement Requirements
- 7.000 Transportation Impact Studies
- 8.000 Off-site Improvement Requirements
- 9.000 Compliance Method
- 11.000 Local Access Roads
- 14.000 Vacation of Right of Way
- 16.000 Road Rules Variance
- 17.000 Appeals
Applicable Design and Construction Manual criteria:
- Section 2.1.3 Design Standard Variance
For further information on this case, contact Kevin Cook, Senior Planner at 503.988.0188 or email@example.com.