Metro has proposed a nature park project for the West Hills, also known as the Tualatin Mountains. It includes building a number of multi-use trails. The plan requires a change to the county's Comprehensive Plan, as well as several county land use permits.
All application documents can be found in the Document Library.
The Multnomah Board of County Commissioners approved Metro's proposed park designation and park improvements at an October 26 hearing. This is the county's final decision on this proposal. Appeals may be filed with the Land Use Board of Appeals.
Any issue intended to provide basis for an appeal to the Land Use Board of Appeals must be raised before the close of the public record.
All documents and application materials are available in the document library.
- Multnomah County Comprehensive Plan
- West Hills Rural Plan Area - MCC Chapter 33
- Multnomah County Road Rules (old version, Jan 2004 - Mar 2018)
- Multnomah County Design and Construction Manual
- Building Regulations - MCC Chapter 29
- Administration and Procedures - MCC Chapter 37
Multnomah County Code (MCC):
- 37.0705 [Comprehensive Plan Amendment]
- 33.2030(A)(9)(b) [Conditional Uses in CFU-1]
- 33.2230(A)(9)(b) [Conditional Uses in CFU-2]
- 33.2630(C) [Conditional Uses in EFU]
- 33.2830 [Conditional Uses in MUA-20]
- 33.3130 [Conditional Uses in RR]
- 33.6300 – 33.6350 [Conditional Uses criteria]
- 33.6000 – 33.6020 [Standards for Community Services]
- 33.7000 – 33.7060 [Design Review]
- 33.2000 – 33.2110 [CFU-1 Base Zone]
- 33.2200 – 33.2310 [CFU-2 Base Zone]
- 33.2600 – 33.2690 [EFU Bass Zone]
- 33.2800 – 33.2885 [MUA-20 Base Zone]
- 33.3100 – 33.3185 [RR Base Zone]
- 33.4500 – 33.4575 [Significant Environmental Concern Overlay Zone]
- 33.5500 – 33.5525 [Hillside Development/Slope Hazard Overlay Zone]
- 33.5700 – 33.5745 [Protected Aggregate & Mineral Sites]
- 33.2110 [Exceptions to Secondary Fire Safety Zones]
- 33.7600 – 33.7616 [Adjustments and Variances]
- 33.0005, 33.2075, 33.2870 [Lot of Record]
- Chapter 37 [Administration & Procedures]
- Chapter 29.003 [Adoption of State Building Code by Reference]
Applicable Road Rules (2004 version) criteria:
- 4.000 Access to County Roads
- 5.000 Transportation Impact
- 6.000 Improvement Requirements
- 7.000 Transportation Impact Studies
- 8.000 Off-site Improvement Requirements
- 9.000 Compliance Method
- 11.000 Local Access Roads
- 14.000 Vacation of Right of Way
- 16.000 Road Rules Variance
- 17.000 Appeals
Applicable Design and Construction Manual criteria:
- Section 2.1.3 Design Standard Variance
For further information on this case, contact Kevin Cook, Senior Planner at 503.988.0188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.