All exhibits currently in the record can be found in the Document Library.
Open Record Period
The Hearings Officer has held open the record in the Portland Water Bureau Water Filtration Facility, Communication Tower and Pipeline applications (T3-2022-16220) and established the following deadlines:
Monday, August 7th at Noon: All parties may submit any new evidence, testimony, letters, photographs, maps, drawings or other items into the record.
Wednesday, September 6th at Noon: All parties may submit rebuttal evidence and testimony into the record.
Thursday, September 28th at Noon: Applicant Final Argument only.
- All submittals should be addressed to the Hearings Officer and include the case # T3-2022-16220.
- To submit testimony by mail, send to Land Use Planning 1600 SE 190th Avenue, Portland OR 97233-5910. Testimony must be received by noon on the day it is due.
- For email submittals use LUPfirstname.lastname@example.org or the Online comment form.
- County email limits file attachments to not more than 25 megabytes. Any file larger than that must be submitted using a shared Google Drive. If your testimony can be attached to multiple emails, please do so and specify how many emails you have sent.
- Any electronic submittals must be received by the County’s server by noon on the day it is due. Please do not wait until the last minute to submit your evidence and testimony.
Once the Open Record period is closed, the Hearings Officer will commence drafting the decision on this case. Once the decision is issued and you attended the hearing, submitted written testimony, provided oral testimony or requested the decision in writing a copy of the decision will be mailed to you.
A decision by the Hearings Officer may be appealed to the Land Use Board of Appeals (LUBA) by the applicant or other participants at the hearing. An explanation of the requirements for filing an appeal will be included in the notice of decision.
A decision made by the Hearings Officer is appealable to the Land Use Board of Appeals by the applicant or other participants at the hearing.
Any issue intended to provide basis for an appeal to the Land use Board of Appeals must be raised before the close of the public record. Issues must be raised and accompanied by statements or evidence sufficient to afford the County and all parties to respond to the issue. Notice of the county’s final decision will be mailed to the subject property owner(s), applicant, any person who submitted written comment, requested the decision in writing or provided oral testimony at a public hearing.
Description of T3-2022-16220 Application: Portland Water Bureau proposes to build a drinking water filtration facility and communications tower located at the eastern end of SE Carpenter Road with raw and finished water pipelines connecting to the existing Bull Run conduit system.
The proposed development requires approval of a Community Service Conditional Use Permits for a Utility Facility (Filtration Facility & Pipelines), Community Service Conditional Use Permit for a Radio Transmission Tower (Communication Tower located at Filtration Facility), Review Use for Utility Facility (Pipelines – EFU zones), Design Review, Significant Environmental Concern for wildlife habitat permit, and Geologic Hazard Permit. In addition, various Lot of Record Verifications for the private properties involved in the application.
For further information on this case, contact Lisa Estrin, Senior Planner at 503.988.0167 or LUPemail@example.com.