Multnomah County Land Use Planning works with various other Service Providers and Regional Partners. Please click on a link below to be directed to their contact information.

City Planning Departments

If you have a question regarding a property within one of these cities, please start by contacting the appropriate city. If you do not know if you are inside a city, this interactive map can assist you to find your zoning.

Building Permits

Building permits are issued by the following cities, including for specified areas outside of their boundaries.

Please contact the City of Portland for properties located:

  • in Portland
  • west of Portland
  • on Jenne Lane
  • off of 162nd, south of Foster

Portland Building Bureau (Document Control)

  • 1900 SW 4th Ave., 1st Floor, Portland OR 97201
  • 503.823.7526

Please contact the City of Gresham for properties located:

  • in Gresham
  • in Pleasant Valley
  • east of Gresham
  • except in the cities of Fairview, Troutdale or Wood Village

Gresham Building Department

  • 1333 NW Eastman Parkway, Gresham OR 97030
  • 503.618.2845

Please contact the City of Troutdale for properties located:

  • in Troutdale
  • on Interlachen Lane
  • on Blue Lake Road

Troutdale Building Planning

  • Mail: 219 E Historic Columbia River Hwy, Troutdale OR 97060
  • Physical: 2200 SW 18th Way, Troutdale OR 97060

Please contact the City of Fairview for properties located in Fairview.

City of Fairview Building Development

  • 1300 NE Village St., Fairview OR 97024
  • 503.674.6206

Please contact the City of Wood Village for properties located in Wood Village.

City of Wood Village

  • 2055 NE 238th Dr., Wood Village OR 97060
  • 503.667.6211

Sewage Disposal and Septic Systems

The City of Portland manages all on-site sewage disposal and septic systems throughout the county.

On-Site Sewage Disposal System Certification

Fire Districts/Departments

Gresham Fire Department #10 / Multnomah County Rural Fire Protection District #10

Corbett Fire District #14

  • Mail: PO Box 1, Corbett, OR 97019
  • Physical: 36930 E Historic Columbia River Hwy., Corbett, OR 97019
  • 503.685.2275

Sauvie Island Fire District #30

  • 18342 NW Sauvie Island Rd., Portland OR 97231
  • 503.621.1242

Scappoose Fire District

  • 52751 Columbia River Hwy., Scappoose OR 97056
  • 503.543.5026

Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue

  • Command & Business Operations Center
    • 11945 SW 70th Ave Tigard, Oregon 97223
    • 503-649-8577
  • South Operating Center
    • 8445 SW Elligsen Rd Wilsonville, OR 97070
    • 503.259.1500

Transportation Agencies

Access permits are reviewed by the following agencies depending on what street or road you front.

Please contact Multnomah County Transportation Planning and Development Review for all County roads that in unincorporated Multnomah County.

Multnomah County Transportation Planning and Development Review

Please contact Oregon Department of Transportation for all State owned roads in unincorporated Multnomah County

  • District 2B (West Multnomah County for access from Highway 30/St. Helens Highway or Cornelius Pass Road)
    • 9200 SE Lawnfield Rd Clackamas, OR 97015    
    • 971.673.6200
  • District 2C (East Multnomah County for access from East Historic Columbia River Highway and Interstate I-84)
    • 2225 NW Campus Dr Estacada, OR 97023
    • 503.665.4193

Other Regional Partner Agencies

Columbia River Gorge Commission

  • Mail: PO Box 730, White Salmon WA 98672
  • Physical: 1 Town Country Square, 57 NE Wauna Ave., White Salmon WA 98672
  • 509.493.3323

Metro (Metropolitan Service District)

  • 600 NE Grand Ave., Portland OR 97232
  • 503.797.1700

Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development (DLCD)

  • 1600 SW Fourth Ave., Ste. 109, Portland OR 97201
  • 503.725.2183

West Multnomah Soil Water Conservation District (WMSWCD)

  • 2701 NW Vaughn St., Ste. 450, Portland OR 97210
  • 503.238.4775

East Multnomah Soil Water Conservation District (EMSWCD)

  • 5211 N Williams Ave., Portland OR 97217
  • 503.222.7645