Online timesheets are coming!
Many of us have said to ourselves at one time or another, “Why didn’t I do this sooner?!” We make one small change in our daily routine--drink less caffeine and more water, walk with a colleague rather than sitting for a one-on-one meeting--and we feel great. Best of all, we keep it up because it was a realistic goal.
When Workday goes live, all county employees will be saying goodbye to paper timesheets and wondering why we didn’t do this sooner. It may feel a bit clunky at first as we get used to doing an online timesheet, but soon it will feel natural to enter time and leave requests online with a few simple clicks. What used to require several steps and routing paper forms will be done automatically in the system. Employees will be able to enter their own hours through a user-friendly calendar interface. Supervisors will be able to approve time whether at their desk or on a mobile device. Online timesheets will increase accuracy, improve privacy for employees, and add efficiency. Best of all, our Oregon trees will thank us.
BENEFITS FOR EMPLOYEES:
- Online time entry, no more paper timesheets.
- Enter time in user-friendly calendar view.
- Enter time using a computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Online leave requests and approvals.
- View vacation and sick leave balances.
- Automated reminders to complete timesheet.
BENEFITS FOR MANAGERS:
- Monthly calendar view of all requested and approved time off.
- The ability to approve multiple time off requests all at once.
- New hires will immediately have access to their time card.
- Ability to delegate (with HR approval) time card and time off approvals.
- Access reports and dashboards to analyze labor costs.