Public hearings have been scheduled in 2015 on an update of the Sauvie Island and Multnomah Channel Rural Area Plan. The draft plan is the result of a year-long planning process that involved a Community Advisory Committee, a Technical Advisory Committee, and the broader community. The plan looks at the key land use and transportation planning issues and documents for the area.
Hearings will be held at Sauvie Island Academy, 14445 NW Charlton Road on the following dates, focusing on specific topics. All hearings are from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.:
- January 5 (natural and cultural resources, public and semi-public facilities)
- February 2 (agriculture and agri-tourism, transportation)
- March 2 (marinas and floating homes)
- March 16 (Planning Commission deliberation)
The rural area plan and policies and public hearing details are available for review on the project website (https://multco.us/simc-planning).
Advance written comments must be received by 4 p.m. on December 24 to provide the comments to the Planning Commission prior to the January hearing. Testimony received after December 24 will be delivered to the Planning Commission at the January hearing. To submit advance comments on the plan:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail testimony at: Multnomah County Department of Community Services, Land Use and Transportation Program, Attn: Kevin Cook, 1600 SE 190th Ave, Suite 116, Portland, OR 97233
For more information, contact:
Kevin Cook, Land Use Planner, 503-988-0188
Joanna Valencia, AICP, Senior Transportation Planner, 503-988-0219