español Tiếng Việt Русский язык 简化字 العربية af Soomaali
Do you care about community involvement in County decision-making? Do you want to help reduce barriers to civic participation? Do you enjoy working with a diverse group to identify common goals that benefit the community? If so, apply to join the County's Community Involvement Committee (CIC). The Community Involvement Committee serves as Multnomah County’s advisory body on community engagement and involvement. We are currently recruiting for four new members.
Membership Requirements & Expectations
- Multnomah County employees are not eligible to serve on the Community Involvement Committee.
- You do not need to reside in Multnomah County, but we prioritize applicants who live or work in the county or have a demonstrated connection to Multnomah County.
- Members are expected to attend committee meetings, functions and events. The committee currently meets every other month on the third Tuesday from 6-8pm, and subcommittees typically meet monthly. Dates and times for the next year will be decided by members.
- Members are county public officials and are required to disclose any conflicts of interest and acknowledge the County's personnel policies.
- Currently all Community Involvement Committee meetings are being held virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you have any technology related questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Community Involvement at email@example.com or 503.988.3450.
Learn more about the Committee on the Community Involvement Committee Page and Frequently Asked Questions Page!
Start Your Application
To start the application process, complete our online application form or download the paper application below and mail the completed application to the Office of Community Involvement. Priority deadline is Friday, March 17th, 2023 at 11:50pm, all applications are due by Friday, March 31, 2023 at 11:59pm.
- English and browser auto-translate: Online application
Paper forms (email, mail, and/or hand deliver to the office):
- English: English - 2023 Community Involvement Committee Application - Paper Form.docx (432.25 KB)
- English - 2023 Application - PDF (138.19 KB)
- Large Print English: LARGE PRINT English - 2023 Community Involvement Committee Application - Paper Form.docx (432.53 KB)
- español (Spanish): español 2023 Community Involvement Committee Application - Paper Form (433.12 KB)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese): Tiếng Việt - Vietnamese 2023 Community Involvement Committee Application - Paper Form.docx (435.33 KB)
- Русский язык (Russian): Русский язык - Russian - 2023 Community Involvement Committee Application - Paper Form.docx (434.02 KB)
- af Soomaali (Somali): af Soomaali - Somali 2023 Community Involvement Committee Application - Paper Form.docx (434.64 KB)
- 简化字 (Simplified Chinese): 简化字 - Simplified Chinese 2023 Community Involvement Committee Application - Paper Form.docx (439.35 KB)
- العربية (Arabic): العربية - Arabic 2023 Community Involvement Committee Application - Paper Form.docx (433.15 KB)
Please contact our offices for translations in additional languages and any other assistance.
Information sessions were held on: Monday, March 6th, 12:00-1:30pm on Zoom (Calendar) and Thursday, March 9th, 5:30-7:00pm on Zoom (Calendar)
View the Information Session slides here: CIC Information Session Slides 2023 (704.82 KB)
2023 Application Process & Timeline
- Once you submit your application, it will be reviewed by the Office of Community Involvement staff and the Community Involvement Committee Membership Subcommittee.
- All applicants are invited to attend the Community Involvement Committee meeting on Tuesday, March 21st from 6-8pm. All committee meetings are currently being held virtually and staff will reach out to applicants with the information to join the meeting in early March.
- The Membership Subcommittee will select applicants to participate in a 30 minute interview with committee members and staff. Interviews will likely take place virtually in mid-April.
- The Office of Community Involvement in collaboration with the Membership Subcommittee will develop a list of applicants to recommend to the Board of County Commissioners for appointment.
- The Board of County Commissioners receives all of the applications submitted, considers the committee's recommendation, and appoints new members to the Community Involvement Committee.
- Depending on the Board’s schedule, we anticipate that new members will be appointed sometime in June.
- New members will receive an orientation, and will be invited to attend the committee’s annual retreat in September.
If you have any questions about the application process or would like assistance completing your application, please contact the Office of Community Involvement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.988.3450.