Do you care about community involvement in County decision-making? Do you want to help reduce barriers to civic participation? Do you enjoy working with a diverse group to identify common goals that benefit the community? If so, apply to join the County's Community Involvement Committee (CIC). The CIC serves as Multnomah County’s advisory body on community engagement and involvement. We are currently recruiting for four new members.
Membership Requirements & Expectations
- Multnomah County employees are not eligible to serve on the CIC.
- You do not need to reside in Multnomah County, but we prioritize applicants who live or work in the county or have a demonstrated connection to Multnomah County.
- Members are expected to attend committee meetings, functions and events. The committee meets every other month on the third Tuesday from 6-8pm, and subcommittees typically meet monthly.
- Members are county public officials and are required to disclose any conflicts of interest and acknowledge the County's personnel policies.
- Currently all CIC meetings are being held virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you have any technology related questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Community Involvement at email@example.com or 503.988.3450.
Start Your Application
To start the application process, complete our online application form or download the paper application below and mail the completed application to the Office of Community Involvement. Applications are due by Wednesday, March 9 2022 at 11:59pm.
2022 Application Process & Timeline
- Once you submit your application, it will be reviewed by the Office of Community Involvement staff and the CIC Membership Subcommittee.
- The Membership subcommittee will select applicants to participate in a 30 minute interview with committee members and staff. Interviews will likely take place virtually during the last week in March or first week in April.
- All applicants are invited to attend the CIC meeting on Tuesday, March 15th from 6-8pm. All committee meetings are currently being held virtually and staff will reach out to applicants with the information to join the meeting in early March.
- The Office of Community Involvement in collaboration with the Membership Subcommittee will develop a list of applicants to recommend to the Board of County Commissioners for appointment.
- The Board of County Commissioners receives all of the applications submitted, considers the committee's recommendation, and appoints new members to the CIC.
- Depending on the Board’s schedule, we anticipate that new members will be appointed sometime in June.
- New members will receive an orientation in June, and will be invited to attend the committee’s annual retreat in July.
If you have any questions about the application process or would like assistance completing your application, please contact the Office of Community Involvement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.988.3450.