The Preschool for All application for the 2022-23 year is now closed and families have been notified about application decisions. The 2023-24 application will open in the spring of 2023.
Please see this page for additional preschool and child care resources.
Welcome to our Preschool for All Parent Information Page!
On November 3rd, 2020 voters in Multnomah County overwhelmingly supported the “Preschool for All” ballot measure. Preschool for All (PFA) connects families in Multnomah County to free, inclusive, culturally responsive early education.
Preschool for All will have approximately 500 preschool seats available for the 2022-23 year. PFA will grow over time, increasing the number of providers and families, until it will be available to all interested families in Multnomah County in 2030.
We are excited that you are considering preschool programs available through Preschool for All for your child. We know that choosing the right preschool for your child is an important decision.
There are just two eligibility requirements to participate. Children must:
- Be 3 or 4 years old by September 1, 2022 and
- Have a parent or legal guardian living in Multnomah County.
There are no income eligibility requirements for Preschool for All.
Children who currently have the least access to high-quality early learning experiences will be prioritized for the first available slots. Children whose families experience barriers accessing preschool include:
- Black, Brown, Native American Indigenous, and all Children of Color;
- Children who speak languages other than English;
- Children with developmental delays and disabilities;
- Children living in or at risk of placement in foster care;
- Children from families experiencing low incomes; and
- Children experiencing homelessness.
Choosing a Preschool
When considering preschool options that meet your needs, keep in mind that all partnering programs use a curriculum that aligns with Oregon Early Learning and Kindergarten guidelines and employ staff who are committed to professional development and receive ongoing support. In addition, our preschool partners have agreed to:
- Create an environment of safety, trust, and belonging for all children and families, with a specific focus on the experiences of Black, Indigenous, and Families of Color
- Follow Preschool for All’s policy of no suspensions or expulsions of children
- Fully include children with disabilities and/or special health needs
- Pay staff competitive wages and provide staff benefits
- Be licensed by the State of Oregon Office of Child Care (when required)
Preschool for All will have approximately 500 preschool seats available for the 2022-23 year. PFA will grow over time, increasing the number of seats, until it will be available to all interested families in Multnomah County in 2030. Please visit this page to learn more about selecting a preschool program.