Once you’ve submitted your SERV-OR application to join our Medical Reserve Corps unit, you must complete these requirements in order to be accepted and eligible for deployment.
Watch both parts and then fill out the completion form to receive credit»
- Medical Reserve Corps Orientation - Part 1 (11 minutes)
- Medical Reserve Corps Orientation - Part 2 (7 minutes)
2. Immunization/Immunity History
Complete the Responder Health Screening Form
Photo requirements: Submit a recently-taken, full-color head shot with a solid-colored background. The photo must clearly show your face without red-eye, shadows, sunglasses, hats or other accessories that obstruct complexion (unless worn as part of a belief system or for a medical reason).
Every 12 Months
1. HIPAA Training
You must complete Multnomah County's HIPAA training. We cannot accept your employer's HIPAA certificates.
Watch these 4 videos every year and then fill out the HIPAA verification form to receive credit»
- HIPAA Basic (10 minutes)
- HIPPA Advanced Part 1 (9 minutes)
- HIPAA Advanced Part 2: Annual Refresher Training (9 minutes)
- HIPAA Advanced Part 3: Authorizations & PHI (9 minutes)
2. Bloodborne Pathogen Training
Your employer-provided or other bloodborne pathogen training meets this requirement. You must have taken it within the past year. Complete the verification form once a year.
If your work does not provide this training, please contact us at email@example.com for a suggested course.
Incident Command System (ICS) courses MAY be required depending on the nature of the incident. Do these courses ahead of time to be ready!
- IS-100B - Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100)
- IS-700a - National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
Email your certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recommended but Optional
- Behind the Scenes: Planning and Response in the Portland Metro Region (11 min)
- Personal preparedness course of your choice
- Psychological first aid course of your choice
Medical Reserve Corps
619 NW 6th Ave, 6th Floor
Portland, Oregon 97209
Medical Reserve Corps Coordinator