Once you’ve submitted your SERV-OR application to join our Medical Reserve Corps unit, you must complete these requirements in order to be accepted and eligible for deployment.
Covid-19 Vaccine Required
As of October 18, 2021, all volunteers and interns must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19, or have an approved exception.
Watch both parts and then fill out the completion form to receive credit»
- Medical Reserve Corps Orientation - Part 1 (11 minutes)
- Medical Reserve Corps Orientation - Part 2 (7 minutes)
2. Immunization/Immunity History - Complete the Responder Health Screening Form
Photo requirements: Submit a recently-taken, full-color head shot with a solid-colored background. The photo must clearly show your face without red-eye, shadows, sunglasses, hats or other accessories that obstruct complexion (unless worn as part of a belief system or for a medical reason).
4. Covid-19 vaccine verification - Email a copy (front and back) of your vaccination record card to email@example.com
Every 12 Months
1. HIPAA Training
You must complete Multnomah County's HIPAA training. We cannot accept your employer's HIPAA certificates.
Watch these 4 videos every year and then fill out the HIPAA verification form to receive credit»
- HIPAA Basic (10 minutes)
- HIPPA Advanced Part 1 (9 minutes)
- HIPAA Advanced Part 2: Annual Refresher Training (9 minutes)
- HIPAA Advanced Part 3: Authorizations & PHI (9 minutes)
2. Bloodborne Pathogen Training
Your employer-provided or other bloodborne pathogen training meets this requirement. You must have taken it within the past year. Complete the verification form once a year.
If your work does not provide this training, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a suggested course.
Incident Command System (ICS) courses MAY be required depending on the nature of the incident. Do these courses ahead of time to be ready!
- IS-100B - Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100)
- IS-700a - National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
Email your certificates to email@example.com
Recommended but Optional
- Behind the Scenes: Planning and Response in the Portland Metro Region (11 min)
- Personal preparedness course of your choice
- Psychological first aid course of your choice
Medical Reserve Corps
619 NW 6th Ave, 6th Floor
Portland, Oregon 97209
Medical Reserve Corps Coordinator