2023 Community Walks and Bike Rides
- REACH Heart Walk | Tuesdays, 1:00 to 2:00 PM | Lloyd Center at 2201 Lloyd Center 97232
- Active People Healthy Multnomah Walk | Thursdays, 5:30 to 7:00 PM at Ventura Park 460 SE 113th Ave 97216
What is Active People, Healthy Multnomah?
Multnomah County is participating in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) national Active People, Healthy Nation initiative which aims to get:
- 15 million adults from inactive (no aerobic activity) to some moderate-intensity activity every day.
- 10 million adults from some physical activity to meeting the minimum aerobic physical activity guideline.
- 2 million young people from some physical activity to meeting the minimum aerobic physical activity guideline.
How can you participate?
Move With Us! This summer and fall, REACH is challenging Multnomah County residents to move more by joining a community walk or bike ride listed above. Visit the Move With Us event page for more details on each upcoming event and how to keep track of your activity. Feel free to share!
- Set a reasonable goal to increase your activity. Some people prefer to exercise for longer periods at once while others like to break up their workouts into smaller sessions. This can look like adding a few minutes of movement and exercise throughout your day or participating in an hour or more each week. Find out what works best for you and create a plan.
- Ask family members, friends, and colleagues to join you. Group activities help build community and can make exercise more enjoyable. Having others around you with a shared goal is a great way to stay motivated.
Download the WalkerTracker App to track your activity minutes. Use program URL: multcoreach
- Check the REACH website or Facebook page regularly for events like community bike rides, walks, challenges and more. (Follow and participate on social media with the #ActivePeopleHealthyMultnomah hashtag.)