*This dish is an adapted recipe from Network for a Healthy California's Soulful Recipes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
- An electric skillet or stove
- 2 cups of frozen or fresh chopped bell peppers
- 2 cups of frozen or fresh chopped onion
- 2 pounds of sweet potatoes (about 2 medium sweet potatoes) peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Optional: 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté bell peppers and onion until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.