Consent of applicants 17 years of age

Oregon Law prohibits the issuance of a marriage license to anyone under 17 years of age. Applicants who are 17 years old must get the written consent of their parent or guardian.

A notarized Consent Form must be mailed in with the application materials. Consent Form (14.77 KB).

If you do not have a parent or guardian residing within the State of Oregon, a third party can submit a notarized  Affidavit for Marriage License Application (21.37 KB). To qualify, you must have resided within Multnomah County for at least the past six months.

Need additional help?

Use our live chat service

Phone: 503.988.3326