October 12, 2018
- There were lane closures with flaggers the week of Oct. 8 during paving. Lane closures will continue on paving days in the next week.
- The contractor graded and compacted soil before building forms and pouring concrete for most of the south sidewalk and driveways. The driveways will be covered by steel plates for seven days while the concrete cures.
- Paving the top lift of asphalt on the south side of Sandy Blvd. was delayed due to a natural gas pipeline explosion this week in Canada, which has delayed asphalt deliveries. Paving may take place October 15, 16 and 17.
- The project team is working on a design for a section of thin pavement discovered near the Walmart store.
- Final pavement striping will take place following the top lift of asphalt.
- The contractor will then finish grading to the back of sidewalks, seed and mulch areas with bare earth, place permanent signs and complete installation of street lights.
Project Website: www.multco.us/sandy