- Location: Various roads in east and west county (see below)
- Schedule: July and August 2018 (see below)
- Funding Source: County General Roadway Funds
Our crews spread oil over a paved road and then cover the oil with a thin layer of small gravel. After one to two working days, we sweep excess gravel off the road, and in about a week, it will again have the texture of pavement.
Chip sealing extends pavement life and reduces the frequency of thicker and more expensive asphalt overlays.
East County chip sealing will include:
- SE Division Drive, from Loop to 302nd
- SE Hurlburt Road, from HCRH to Littlepage
- SE Trout Creek Road, from Gordon Creek to dead end
West County chip sealing will include:
- NW Gillihan Road, from Milepost 2 to Reeder
- NW Elliott Road, from Rock Creek to Skyline
Work will usually begin around 7:30am. This schedule and the start time is subject to change depending on weather and other conditions.
July 16-17: SE Trout Creek Rd
July 19 and 23: SE Hurlburt Rd
July 24: SE Division Dr.
July 25: SE Trout Creek Rd
July 26: SE Hurlburt Rd and SE Division Dr
July 30 - August 2: NW Gillihan Rd
August 6: NW Elliott Rd
August 7: NW Gillihan Rd
August 8: NW Elliott Rd
Minor amounts of dust, loose gravel, and one way traffic occur during the operation. We recommend traveling at a reduced speed until all the loose gravel has been removed from the roadway.