COVID-19: All meetings and activities are currently happening virtually.
Youth action councils (YACs) are student-led groups affiliated with Multnomah County’s student health centers.
We are teens who care about making schools and communities a healthier place. We work on projects that promote health and advise student health centers about student health issues.
You’ll have fun meeting new people, building skills and connections and helping your community.
- Making de-stress kits for fellow students
- Card-making for local children's hospitals
- Baked goods and PPE donations to homeless youth
- YAC Talks featuring PSU professors, TEDx Talks speakers and other experts
- Park clean-ups
- Awareness Day - We travel to Salem each year to talk to legislators about the importance of our student health centers.
- Statewide YAC/YACHT retreat
Join Your School's YAC!
YACs are a safe space for everyone. We welcome all students from all backgrounds. Join anytime!
- David Douglas (Youth Action Council Health Team, YACHT)
Nicole Mayer, Program Coordinator, email@example.com