Multnomah County Environmental Health provides health, safety and sanitation inspections to child care centers, family homes and residential treatment centers in Multnomah County. These facilities are licensed by other agencies.
When you apply for or renew your license, you will be notified that you need to obtain an inspection from us.
Child Care Facilities
We inspect certified child care centers, certified family homes, and before and after school programs licensed by Oregon’s Office of Child Care.
To Get a License
Visit the State of Oregon website. You must apply for a license if you are:
- Opening a new center or care home
- Renewing your license
- Changing ownership/operation
- Reopening after a lapse in certification
- Changing location
To Request an Inspection
- I have a licensing packet from the state - Send us the completed top part of the along with the appropriate fee payment. An inspector will then come out and conduct the inspection.
- I don’t have the state sanitation inspection form - Send us a completed along with the appropriate fee payment at least 30 days before the license expires.
If you’re remodeling or opening a new child care facility, you may need a . Call inspector Lisa Matos at 503-988-9403 for more information.
Child care centers, based on the number of children:
- 1-12 children: $280
- 13-20 children: $290
- 21 and over: $310
Family homes: $290
Before and after school programs: $280
Plan review: $340
Child and Adult Care Food Programs
We conduct annual kitchen inspections to meet requirements for Child and Adult Care Food Programs (CACFP) funding. Send us a completed at least 30 days before your current inspection expires.
If you’re remodeling or constructing a new kitchen, you may need a plan review. Call inspector Lisa Matos at 503-988-9403 for more information.
- Full service kitchen: $320
- Satellite kitchen: $320
- Serving kitchen: $280
- Program in conjunction with school: $180
Residential Treatment Centers and Miscellaneous Inspections
For these requests:
- Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS) inspection
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP) inspection
- A consultation
- Any other required agency inspection except Oregon's Office of Child Care
Send us a completed along with the appropriate fee payment.
If you’re remodeling or opening a new center or some other non-licensed facility (halfway house, shelter, etc.), you may need a . Call inspector Lisa Matos at 503-988-9403 for more information.
- Day treatment: $265
- Residential treatment: $350
Adult Foster Homes
For inspections, contact Multnomah County Aging and Disability Services»
Multnomah County Environmental Health
847 NE 19th Ave, Ste 350
Portland, Oregon (Map)