Residential Customers | Business Customers | Haulers

Unincorporated Multnomah County

We license private haulers and oversee garbage and recycling services for the unincorporated areas of Multnomah County outside of city boundaries.

To see if your home or business is in an area managed by Multnomah County, enter the address in Find Your Hauler. Addresses in our program will be identified as "unfranchised".

If your home or business is in unincorporated Multnomah County, please visit our Licensed Haulers List to identify haulers in your area or visit one of our customer-based links. 

If your home or business is in a city, please contact your city’s program:
Fairview | Gresham | Maywood Park | Portland | Troutdale | Wood Village

Contact Us

Heidi Konopnicki, Program Specialist
Multnomah County Solid Waste & Recycling

Attn: Solid Waste and Recycling
Multnomah County
1600 SE 190th Ave
Portland, OR 97233

Find out more about Solid Waste & Recycling regulations in unincorporated Multnomah County.

graphic logo that reads

How Do I Recycle This?

It can be hard to know what to recycle sometimes. Recycle or Not is a handy tool that helps you sort items that are known to be confusing.

With helpful images, a fun game to test your knowledge and an Instagram account where experts answer your recycling questions, it won’t take long to learn what you can and can’t recycle at home and at work. 

Recycle or Not is available in Spanish, too:

Learn more about disposal and recycling opportunities.