The state of Oregon requires each county to have a County Surveyor. We provide a number of services required by the state, as well as support for county programs and the public.
These services include:
- Providing access to public survey records
- Reviewing surveys submitted by land surveyors
- Filing and indexing surveys in the public survey records
- Review and approval of land division plats, including subdivisions, partitions and condominiums
- Maintaining and restoring public land survey corner monuments
- Survey support for county roads and bridges, as well as other county and local agencies
- Helping the public, county and local agencies with surveying expertise
We do not perform surveys for the public. Get help finding a surveyor.
County Surveyor History:
Find a list of Multnomah County Surveyors from 1857 to today.