Abbott has issued a recall notice for several of their powdered infant formulas including Similac, Alimentum and EleCare. Read the FDA notice.
Check to see if your formula is a part of the recall
Find the lot number for the formula. It is on the bottom of the can near the expiration date.
- Enter the lot number into the Similac Recall site: www.similacrecall.com or
- Call (800) 986-8540.
If your formula is part of the recall
- Do not use it.
- Return affected formula to the store.
- Stores may exchange recalled formula for the same formula, a similar formula, cash, or store credit.
If you have formula benefits on your WIC card
You may temporarily buy additional brands or can sizes with your benefits. See other options in the WICShopper app or here:
Still have questions or need help?
- Text us at 20121
- Call WIC (503) 988-3503 | Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm. If you are unable to reach your local WIC clinic call (971) 673-0040
- Call Similac (800) 986-8540
- Check your benefits and get updates in the WICShopper App